Become a CAB board member
KAMCAB are seeking new trustees to join our board and help us to further strengthen our reach and impact into the communities of Kincardine and Mearns.
Who is KAMCAB?
KAMCAB is a charity, based in Stonehaven, which is dedicated to serving the local community. Together with our three other affiliated bureaux we cover the whole of Aberdeenshire. For the past 12 years, we have been supporting people by providing the information and knowledge they need to help them find their way forward – whoever they are and whatever their problem.
The need for free, confidential and independent advice is now more important than ever before. The impact of 2020 and COVID-19 is bringing new challenges to many people - creating additional difficulties to others who are already dealing with tough circumstances.
Since lockdown in March and up to the end of September 2020 , our dedicated team of 15 staff and 13 volunteers have supported over 1800 cases. The majority of these challenges over this time have been related to debt , benefits and employment however our support covers issues that are wide ranging.
Our dedicated team provide advice on matters from debt to universal credit. From avoiding homelessness to coping with the additional costs when diagnosed with significant illness. From consumer rights to residency rights. We give help and support to people when they simply don’t know where else to turn.
This is an exciting time to join us as we look forward to develop and strengthen our services to meet the challenges that our community will face. Our delivery models include:
- Face to face, telephone and digital Advice and Advocacy services from our Stonehaven office.
- Outreach centres across Kincardine and the Mearns. (not currently due to CO-VID)
- Help to Claim.
- Aberdeenshire helpline
- Debt advice and support
- Web chat support
- Financial Health check/Money Talk
Your ideas, skills and enthusiasm could make all the difference to how we achieve this. We are looking for people with strategic vision, independent judgement , a willingness to give time and commitment to be a trustee, and who are committed to supporting our local community. We are particularly interested in hearing from people with knowledge and experience in: HR, fundraising, digital marketing, governance, public and third sector organisations.
Summary of role
- We have 3 vacancies currently. Board Members are responsible for the strategic management of the Bureau. Each CAB is a separate registered Charity and for your local bureau to be effective a broad range of experience is required. We welcome Board Members who are enthusiastic and committed about helping their community. We are particularly looking for people with skills and expertise in the areas of digital marketing , fundraising, HR, governance.
What might you be doing?
- Attend Board Meetings regularly (approximately 6 X 2 hours per year)
- Help set strategic direction, policies, local objectives and bureau projects
- Take a full and active part in the discussions at the meetings
- You might participate in a sub-committee with a specific skill you bring to the board
- Provide enthusiastic ongoing support for bureau volunteers and staff locally
- Help to promote the work of KAMCAB within your own network
Does this sound like you?
- Committed to the Aims and Principles of the Service
- Able to think creatively and exercise sound independent judgement.
- Able to understand and accept the responsibility of being a trustee and employer
- Organised and Strategic thinker.
- Diplomatic and persuasive.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player
This is a voluntary post. We currently meet virtually on zoom (due to Co-Vid) approximately 6 times a year and particularly value the diversity of our board of trustees.
We welcome applications from across our varied communities. For more information on how to apply and /or a confidential informal discussion on the role of trustees please email:
Closing date for applications: 20th November 2020